Wednesday, July 11, 2012

fire-able offense

In my job I deal with a lot of people's business information.  A lot more people than I would have ever imagined use AOL as their primary e-mail address in Iowa.  I was not aware that was a thing anymore.  As I get ever closer to hitting 30 on Tuesday next week, the fact that I never even considered that as an e-mail option makes me feel a bit young.  The good kind of young though.  Not the kind of young that I generally feel when I realize that I live with my parents, can't afford to move out, have a job that anyone with an 8th grade education could do, don't have any friends, and will likely never have sex because I'm such a loser.  I've felt that kind of young every day for the last 3 years.  That young is not good.  Being young enough that an AOL e-mail never occurred to you is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I bet they never switched because they love hearing "You've got mail."

    ReplyDelete