Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why most people are the worst.

I think on of the most important personality traits that my generation is sorely lacking is self-awareness.  I'm an out of shape 30-year old who less than a year ago finally got his undergraduate degree.  I just recently started my post-graduation job, and my first full time in about 3 years.  It doesn't pay me well enough to allow me to move out of my parents' home.  I have been living with my parents for the last 3 years..  I haven't been in a relationship in 5 years and I haven't had so much as a blind date in 4 years.  I enjoy drinking and on the rare occasion I have the opportunity to imbibe I often over-indulge.  I'm not say all of this because I'm ashamed of who I am (although some things that happen when I've been overserved, my living situation, and my pathetic lack of a love life are a source of embarrassment at times if only for myself).  I'm saying this because I realize that I have flaws and I shouldn't think I'm better than everyone else or that people that don't like me are "haters" or jealous of me.  Not everyone is going to like me and that's fine.  I also know why they don't like me and those reasons are the same reasons that my friends and family like me.  I'm very opinionated and vocal about those opinions.  If I get going ranting about something (which doesn't take much prodding) I will  get loud and profane and angry.  Friends and family are amused, but its not the best way to make new friends or meet single beautiful ladies.  It's important to know that everyone has flaws, and more importantly to know what specific flaws exist in you, you ignorant mouth breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment